Monday, August 3, 2009

Retro Monday... Age of Steam!

One of my favorite new obsessions is the genre of Steampunk. I love the old Victorian look, combined with the mad dreams of Jules Verne and H.G.Wells, combined with the adventure of all of the writers of that time, as well as the romance.

It's such a romantic thing, I decided to dress up as a Steampunk "gentleman inventor" for my Halloween wedding:


Yes, that dork is me. The beautiful princess is the Mid-Wife. Be jealous.

I'm trying to work on some other genre items for this coming Halloween, but I haven't finished them yet. I will post when I do.

In the meantime if you're interested in some Steampunk livin', check these site out:


http://brassgoggles.co.uk/blog/ - I swear I didn't steal this post from there. Honestly.


Plus some costume and parts sites:

http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/gentlemans.php - Where I got my suit, top hat and spats.

Goggles - You can't work in the Aether without your goggles!


More in another post,

MiddleMan



No comments:

Post a Comment