Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ugly mutant babys...of LOVE!

Copied from a Skepchick post of mine -

This reminds me of the time I was still living with my parents and doing late night shifts at the restaurant where I worked at the time.

On my days off I would stay up late watching TV until I fell asleep in the living room. My mother, a notorious insomniac, would sometimes stay up watching TV with me. Usually we watched old movies, but occasionally a really bad horror film would come on. Usually, these movies would make her go to bed.

One night they had on It's Alive. If you haven't seen it, it's about mutant baby that goes around killing people when it gets frightened.


Near the end of the movie, I realized my mother was still there sitting on the couch.

"Doesn't this bug you? All of the blood and gore?" I asked her.

"Usually it does," she replied.

"Then what's different about this movie?"

"That poor thing is adorable..."

It was then that realized why she kept me after I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment